Friday, January 20, 2006

Songs to drive to


So Stacey's post about music for walking totally made me want to make my own list, and since I'm being self-indulgent and wasting the entire day anyway, here's my list of songs that give me that happy expansive feeling when I'm making the 2 hour drive to Sag Harbor by myself, and singing along:

"It's Oh So Quiet" - Bjork
Reminds me of the ads for Sex and the City with the red baloons.

"Girl" - Beck
My current favorite.

"American Music" - Violent Femmes
Gives me great nostalgia (for pumpkin picking, bizarrely.)

"Working Undercover" - They Might Be Giants
So hard to pick from TMBG.

"I Saw a Bird Fly Away" - Dar Williams

"Golden Years" - David Bowie

"Flagpole Sitta" - Harvey Danger

"Long-Forgotten Fairytale" - The Magnetic Fields
I might never have discoverd them if not for Sims Online. how tragic that would have been.

"Bizarre Love Triangle" - New Order

"Sparkle" - Phish

"Cigarettes and Chocolate Milk" - Rufus Wainwright

"Pulling Mussels (From the Shell)" - Squeeze
Great Virginia Beach memories.

"Don't You Worry 'Bout A Thing" - Stevie Wonder
One of my all time favorites, reminds me of working at Black Cat Books.

"Doctor Worm" - They Might be Giants

"Milbrook" - Rufus Wainwright

"Summertime" - The Sundays
Possibly the happiest song ever.

"Do Your Thing" Basement Jaxx
From the Bend it Like Beckham soundtrack.

"The Luckiest Guy On The Lower East Side" - The Magnetic Fields

"14th Street" - Rufus Wainwright

"The Good Life" - Weezer

"Mixed Bizness" - Beck

"The Last of the Famous Interational Playboys" - Morrisey

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Now you need to create that playlist in your mp3 player...

Lauren said...

heh, I did, and got to listen to it driving to new jersey last weekend with my sister. :)